Saturday, September 26, 2015

What is your favorite month of the year? Why is it so special? Describe it with all five senses.


Selfishly, I would have to say that my favorite month is April, the month of my birth.  It’s hard not to love the praises people wish you, the calls you get from family and friends that are too far away, and the chatter of friends commiserating after they meet through you.  But even past that, it’s the middle of spring when the trees are the greenest.  Rains mix with the grass and the leaves to give an earthy smell to the world around you while the birds that have emerged from their winter holes sing their sweet serenity.  I forget the fruit that blooms in this part of the season, though I believe that it is peaches.  If that’s the case, I can’t wait to bite off a moist, succulent chunk of the fruit and nurse it down to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment