Saturday, December 12, 2015

I am delighted by...


I am delighted by the atmosphere that comes around every holiday season.  No matter what December holiday you celebrate, there’s always something magical about this time of year.  People seem friendlier, places seem more inviting, and sentiment hangs in the air like mistletoe.  In my house, we celebrate two holidays, so the air is like fusion cuisine over here.

Our Christmas tree sits right next to our couch, ready to bathe the evening in multicolored lights.  A little ways from it on the counter is the menorah, passed down from my mother and ready to wash the room in a different kind of light.  It’s almost poetic how these two symbols of very different cultures come together in harmony, perfectly encapsulating the best ideals of the season.

To be honest, I could get used to this kind of thing every December.

No comments:

Post a Comment