Friday, February 19, 2016

Describe the last time you laughed so hard you cried.


Let me tell you about the time I laughed so hard that I actually cried…

This was a while ago, before I finished my college education at Santa Cruz.  During one of my breaks, I was down in San Diego with my family and we decided to go to a theater production where a friend of my brother’s was acting.  The play was called Noises Off and it was being held at a community theater in Old Town.  I had no idea what to expect, so I sat down and prepared myself for anything.

I could not have prepared myself for this.

The play was hysterical!  I think I actually had some of my neighbors complaining because I was laughing throughout the entire third act.  The basic premise was that the people in the play… were putting on a play.  Each act showed a different aspect: the first was a disastrous rehearsal, the second took place backstage during opening night, and the third showed a weary and broken cast going through the motions with everything going wrong around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment