Thursday, March 19, 2015

Forward, backward, sideways – none would work.


“For Christ sake!” Lindsey yelled as she threw her Nintendo DS across the room.  Thankfully, it landed in a pile of pillows, so nothing got broken.

There was a rush of footsteps and Ruth entered, looking worried.  “Something wrong?”

“It’s this damn puzzle game!” Lindsey replied.  “I’ve been beating my head against this one challenge all day, but I can’t get past maneuvering this one piece.  Forwards, backwards, sideways, up and down, all of them get me jack shit.”

Ruth looked from her roommate to the DS all the way across the room.  “I can see that,” she said.  “For a moment, I thought you really had banged your head on something.”

“I may as well have,” she said.  “The pain’s about the same.”

No comments:

Post a Comment